Program Design 2015-2016 School Year
- iD.R.E.A.M. is designed to inspire creativity and excellence in academics, and promote "effectiveness" in character.
- Common Core Standards Language Arts, Social Studies, and Science are taught through integrated themes in a challenging, project-based style, with an emphasis in visual and performing arts.
- Standards-based, Math instruction via our newly adopted series, Springboard Math, will be given, and then enhanced with meaningful, integrated projects.
- Language Arts curriculum emphasizes reading and evaluating informational texts, research-based writing, and integrated instruction in writing mechanics.
- Students and teachers make use of technology to connect, view, create, manipulate, capture, produce, and share works.
- All work reflects individual student achievement through the support of collaboration with teachers, peers, families, the community, and beyond through web posts, etc.
- Foundational instruction is given in a variety of art disciplines (visual, performing, and media arts), and then integrated across the curriculum.
- Principles of the 8 Keys of Success are taught through Quantum learning strategies (6th Grade).
- Implementation of the principles of 7 Habits for Highly Effective Teens, by Sean Covey, to help students establish habits for life-long success (7th Grade).
- Implementation of the 6 Most Important Decisions You will Ever Make, by Sean Covey, to help students establish habits for life-long success (8th Grade).
- Use of Quantum Learning strategies across all grade-levels are utilized to inspire and promote character and academic success.
- Character Education is tied to the curricular themes and includes service learning projects.
Student Schedule - 6th, 7th, 8th
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday...
Block 1 Math
Block 2 ELA
Block 3A Integrated Curriculum (Science & History)
Block 3B Integrated Curriculum (Science & History)
Block 1 iExplore (Art Exploration 1)
Block 2 iExplore (Art Exploration 2)
Block 3 Leadership